Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week 7: Clear

This week we learned about chapter 8 Operating Systems and Utility Programs. The topic which I found to me most useful was the section on Disk Utilities. Prior to watching this lecture I had heard about Disk Defragmentation but I did not understand how files were stored on the disk and the impact this could have on the performance of the computer. I know know how to perform a defrag and allow my system to run smoother.

I believe that Operating Systems and Utility Programs are important in the business environment because computers are the life blood of business. By having a basic understanding of how the ststems work and the maintenace required to keep them running smoothly, a business will be able to avoid unnecessary down time.

While doing additional research on this topic I came across a video which shows how to perform a defrag on your computers drive. Please view the attached video for a detailed explaination.


How to Defrag a Computer -- powered by eHow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment