Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Excel Project

When I first sat down and read through the 5 full pages of instructions it was a bit daunting thinking about starting this project. After re-watching the Excel lectures and opening up my Excel Bible I was ready to jump in head first and to my surprise this project was really fun and educational. The two steps which I think I learned the most from, and will use most in work life, were the use of formulas and the use of pivot tables.
Working with the formula functions while completing this project gave me a glimpse into the endless amount of formulas Excel has to offer. I was very surprised to learn that the formulas are not difficult to use. After playing around with manually entering the formulas, I met my new best friend; the formula wizard in the task bar. This made the formula process very simple and almost error proof.

In addition to the formulas, I also learned a great deal about the PivotTables. This is a feature I have never heard about prior to this class. Once I was able to grasp which data fields to drag where, it really was an easy task. This is a function which I feel will be used a great deal in my professional life. It really simplified the process of analyzing large amounts of data.

In my opinion this has been a very useful project which I think will carry over to my professional career. Thanks for making it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment