Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week 5 - Clear








This week I really enjoyed learning all about the different hardware associated with computers. The piece which I found most interesting was the Voice Input. Wow is this cool, I never thought that in my lifetime we would see software that is able to recognize your voice and translate it to the computer. It was fascinating to watch the Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 video and seeing all of the different functions associated with this advanced program.

This software would be extremely useful in the business world. It would virtually eliminate the need for dictation machines and free up the time of the person responsible for transposing the information. I also feel that the hands free capabilities would allow for more efficient work time.



While doing additional research on this topic I came across a valuable website located at http://www.cforat.org/assistive_technology_information/voice_input.htm. This website did a great job of describing other uses for this advanced software such as handicapped individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment